Sunday, June 15, 2014

The cleanest of my dirty shirts


When your living in a state of semi-homelessness, you have tradeoffs. Consider I pay the cab company $92 a day six days a week, and have to buy the gas, I don't always have money. I have not had the $4.50 a load to clean my clothes.

Some drivers opt to eat Vienna sausage, Raman noodles, dog food, and so forth. I use my laundry money to buy better food (pasta with Ragu). I also buy my generic prescription drugs for blood pressure. So, the laundry gets recycled dirty. There was a country music song "The Cleanest of my dirty shirts."

A fellow cab driver called me aside and told me candidly that my shorts were so dirty it looked like I'd shit in them. He said I also smelled badly. The customers must have noticed as well.

So I broke down and used rent money to do laundry. I literally shorted the motel manager where I live to clean my clothes. Those Raman Noodles are delicious.
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...