Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Shoes

All I want for Christmas is a new pair of shoes. I used to get expensive digital camera equipment and laptops and all the toys at Best Buy. No more. The economy is so bad I am walking around in a worn-out pair of shoes that I should have replaced a year ago. I have simply not had the twenty bucks to get a new pair.

The Tampa Tribune(there is a rumor that the newspaper will close it's doors after the Super Bowl in Tampa this February) is reporting that even Metropolitan Ministries and the Salvation Army food banks are in short supply. The people who used to give are now standing in line at the soup kitchens! No money for food, no money for shoes.
What really sucks is now that I have gone to a 12 hour shift instead of a weekly lease, I have to walk 5 miles to work and back everyday, in the snow, with worn-out shoes. And if I want supper at night, I have to plow the fields with my bare hands, with worn out shoes, in the snow.

4 comments:

Larry and Tom said...

Wow things are rough out there. Not so sure I would want to drive, even if United's insurance company would let me. Oh hell yes I would. Sorry Tim, I don't have any shoes either.UC157-Larry

Anonymous said...

2d Wednesday every month. What's that? The PTC public hearings meetings where all affected by their decisions can speak their mind for 3 whole minutes.

Cracker said...

A major problem here in St. Pete is these shortsighted drivers who train newbies in general, but especially during the slow season. The company pays thenm 60 bucks to train and 30 for a second day. These scumbag trainers dont realize they just made some quick cash but will be tripping over these guys for a week until they quit. Where are these newbies gonna work? Where they were trained and momma bear will be there to help them. By the time they quit in a week the trainer has lost more than what they made by training the trainee and losing business that he got, couldn't find, got lost, fast metered, no showed..... Trainers all seem to work in the same zones I play. When they pull up next to me I role up my windows and drive a few spots away so they know I don't want them around me. This is the definition of SHORTSIGHTED. When management asked me the first time to train, and that was the last time they asked, I told them when hell freezes over. What a bunch of idiots. In St. Pete these guys are Joe in 144, maybe 145 van and Chris. Train them where you dont work at least. Now my blood pressure is up and I need a beer. What a bunch of dumb ass drivers...Cracker

Michael E. Walston said...

I drove for Yellow in the 80s. I had moved down from Tallahassee where I also drove a cab and made 40%. So I always took home SOMETHING. When I encountered the TAXI LEASE in Tampa I couldn't believe it. You can work all day and OWE the company money? How is this even legal?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...