Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tampa Taxi Shots

For those that have been looking for Tampa Taxi Shots by Tim Fasano, that seems to be no more. Unfortunately, I have hit upon hard times (I have never been shy about sharing personal with people) and have been trying to get my life back together.

The economic downturn in the Tampa Bay area is especially hard on people in the service industry, even more than the national average.

My business is down, way down. For the last seven months I have hardly made any money at all and have tried to just hold on. I have been evicted from my apartment and am now living in a motel. My phone is gone, my cell phone is disconnected, my web sites, blogs and Internet service is a thing of the past.

Never would or could I have imagined that this would happen. It is easy I guess to blame others, but that is what losers do. Its not just Wall Street, but the idiots that refinanced their inflated valued homes with ARM's and thought there was no tomorrow that are the cause of this.

The values of my parents generation of frugality and saving money and living within ones means, seem to have no value at all today, or are they even taught. Greed and averace, that were once considered "sin" are now scoffed at.

There are consequences for behavior and we are feeling it now.

I hope to be back and make this "FREE" blog work like the Typepad.com blog that I had to pay for but could no longer keep it up.

1 comment:

Larry and Tom said...

Sorry to hear about how bad things are,but correct me ifd I am wrong. There was a soluation five years ago, but some folks failed to try it for any length of time. Too bad. Larry 157

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...