Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Beautiful Morning And Domestic Violence

I got this nice shot at Ballast Point in South Tampa this morning. The winter months often provide clear Sky's at sunrise. Being a cab driver, I am able to go to these places while I am working. Things can, however, change fast.

I then got a call in zone 23 near Himes and Columbus. The lady did not live there; she used the homeowners phone to call a cab after her boyfriend threw her out of his truck while they were in route to Tampa International Airport. When I pulled up, all her stuff and luggage was strewn across the yard. I helped her pick it up and proceeded to the airport and noticed the Dodge Ram truck was following us. "Is he violent?" She said "yes." What is sad is that what they were going thru, I have been there and done that. Emotions are running high and people are not thinking rational. When you get my age, you have done everything. I decided to take action and help this lady out.

There is a police precinct at Tampa Bay and Dale Mabry. I went there instead and the truck followed me into the parking lot. This guy was so hot he did not even know where he was at. Surprise buddy.

I pulled up to a police officer getting out of his car and got him to help. They detained the guy so I could take her safely to her destination. I did and she gave me $30.

There is nothing boring about be a taxi driver in Tampa.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...